Call to Volunteers and Donors!
Bears Den could not be where it is today without its volunteers!
We are always looking for more volunteers to join our community. If you live locally, come spend an hour or two of your spare time here. If you live out of state and you want to spend a few days here, we can always come up with bigger projects.
Some everyday volunteer activities:
- Folding maps
- Numbering, highlighting and folding envelopes
- Mowing lawns
- Raking leaves
- Cutting hedges
- Washing windows
- Raking gravel in the driveway
- Chopping wood
- Pick up garbage on trails, parking lot, rocks, and campground
- Trail maintenance
- Deep cleaning of inside lodge
- Certified Electrician to help with some projects
- Woodworker to help with some specific projects
We are also looking for caretakers who want to help out or sub-in, so if you want to meet interesting people and hikers and make sure guests have a pleasant visit at Bears Den, give us a call! Friendly people are needed to help check in guests in the evening and clean the lodge during the day. We also could use extra greeters during special events.
As a nonprofit, we gladly accept tax-deductible donations.
Our list is long and we know we are dreaming for some, but it includes:
- Medicine for hikers (Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Cold Medicine)
- Used backpacks (for hikers to borrow on day hikes)
- 13" Pizza Pans (to cook round Tombstone pizzas)
- Used clothing (for hikers while they are doing wash)
- Gift cards for everyday purchases
- New Linens (twin sheets and white bath towels)
- New TV and DVD player for hiker room
- Easy chair for hiker room
- New mattresses and mattress covers
- New washer
- Commercial generator
- Riding lawn mower
Or... you can provide "trail magic" for a hiker by paying for their stay!
For more information on volunteering or donating, please contact Bears Den at firstname.lastname@example.org