Spend the night in a secluded stone lodge built in the 1930s. Originally a private mansion, the impressive 8,000 square foot facility is nestled in the peaceful woods of the Blue Ridge Mountains; and only 150 yards from the Appalachian Trail.
Bears Den is comfortable and simple. The lodge is a clean place to sleep, eat, shower, and relax. There is no television or radio. Find solitude on the grounds or meet interesting travelers. Listen to stories from backpackers in off the trail. Bring food to prepare your favorite meal. The kitchen is fully equipped with every piece of cook- and dining ware you'll need. Eat in the stone dining room and then sit in the large living room. Read a book by the fireplace or play games around the coffee table.
Bears Den sleeps up to 26 people. Men and women sleep in separate rooms. One dorm room has 12 bunk beds, a shower room, and a separate sink/toilet room. The other dorm has 8 bunk beds and one full bathroom.
The private room is perfect for a family or a small group of friends. It has a double bed and 4 bunk beds for a maximum capacity of 6 people. A private full bathroom is attached to the bedroom.
Check In: 5pm.
- Large kitchen with two gas stoves, three deep sinks, pots, pans, plates, cups, utensils, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, etc.
- Grand living room with stone fireplace
- Stone dining room
- Three full bathrooms (one in each bunkroom) and a half bath
- Linens, blankets and towels are provided
- Laundry facilities
- Store (souvenirs, snacks, ice cream, sodas and pizza)
- Two outdoor lawns with fire circles
- One covered picnic gazebo
Check Out: 9am.
The driveway gate is locked between 9pm and 8am.